Friday, April 3, 2009

Sunday Gratitudes (yeah I know it's Thursday)

I am Grateful for my family and friends and their steadfast support.

"The Bake Sale"










The "Purple Egg Cake" by Amy Grahm



If you have read my Blog, I know there are precious few of you, then you will know that I have spent the last 6 months fund raising. The minimum requirement to participate in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer is $1,800.00. I wanted to avoid the usual practice of sending out mass mailings of letters and emails to ask for donations.

So, I decided to try other avenues of fund raising. My first and continuing effort was to make and sell beaded bracelets. Barbara and I started with making pink beaded bracelets ($12-15.00) and from there we added key chains ($3.00), and book marks ($5.00). The sales have been good from this effort. I have also been selling candy bars from my desk at work for $1.00 each. My crew has been in full support of that effort as well as several contractors. In addition to those two ongoing efforts I had a bake sale at my church and another one at work.

The pictures above are from the bake sale at work earlier this week. Eleven people from our campus donated their baked goods to the sale and many showed up to buy the goodies and make donations towards my efforts. I was able to raise $390.00 in proceeds. I am touched and honored by the support my co-workers and friends showed me. Thank You for helping me reach my goal!!





No comments: