Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Last Big Push (Training Wk 10 - 37 miles)

The Power of the Borg

22 Miles

I
walked
22 miles
in one day


I still can't believe I did it.

This was the last big walk on our training schedule, 22 miles on Saturday and 10 miles on Sunday. The 22 miles took about 8 hours. I left my home at 8am and walked 6 miles to my parents house for a pit stop and quick visit.

From there I walked another 6 miles ending at my home. My friend Jane met me a few minutes later and walked the next 5 miles with me. Then my final 5. It had started to sprinkle outside when I was on the last mile. As I finished the last part of the walk I prayed and prayed God don't let it rain yet! My training shirts are all white tees! Just as I got to my driveway the rain started getting heavier. Thank you Lord. 4 pm - 8 hours - 22 miles. Wow.

It was a long day. I could feel the good vibes, thoughts, and prayers of my cookies, family, and friends pushing me along. I couldn't have done it without you.

On Sunday I was only able to walk 5 miles. I had a blister on the bottom of my foot that was quite painful. DH walked the route with me. I call him Mr. Marlboro, he gets more beeps and waves than a bikini clad girl.

I have more to say, but I no time right now!



1 comment:

Scarehaircare said...

I'm so proud of you! Please give all the Cookies a hug from me when you get to DC. I will be there in spirit.