Monday, April 27, 2009

Cookies For A Cure!

Training - Week 11 - 10 Miles

This is it - the week of our DC Walk. We have all been training and fundraising for this event since October 2008. It has been a wonderful journey.


My walking was minimal this past week. I did walk 8 miles Saturday morning. It was 70+ degrees out! It is hard to believe that when I started this training the side walks were covered with snow and ice. Saturday's walk was easy and enjoyable.

Here is a picture of my training T-Shirts. I had 4 made up and DH bought them for me. This shirt in particular I will be wearing on Sunday. The names written on it are people who have been battling cancer or sadly, lost their battle.








This shirt is our official Team Cookie Shirt! It was designed by a friend of Peggy's. We will be a lovely group of pink walkers and cheerers this coming weekend. Did I tell you we will have our own cheering section? That's right about a dozen cookies from across the country are coming to DC this weekend to cheer us on. I am so grateful for their support and can't wait to get me some cookie hugs.



One last picture of the back of my training shirt.

No comments: