Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Maria & Me (Training Week 7 - 33 Miles)






Maria & Me after our 5 mile walk.

Saturday was a gorgeous spring day in New England. It was in the low 60's and sunny. My day started with a fun breakfast with Father Ignacio and my GF, Jean. Father Ignacio is from Columbia and the three of us have been spending time together once a week to help him master his english. I think his english is just fine. Breakfast was followed by a 10 mile walk and a 5 mile walk. Maria met me for the 5 mile walk. It was a nice change to have someone to chat with while walking. We completed the 5 miles in under 2 hours.

Lately, when walking alone, I have been listening to audible books on my IPOD. I have been alternating between a recording of the New Testament and a new-to-me author, Kim Harrison . A bit of an odd combination of things to listen too. Kim Harrison writes fiction books about witches, vampires, and pixies. The New Testament, well it's the New Testament. It is read by several people in different voices and is done really well. I find that I am hearing things that I missed when just reading it.

No comments: