Monday, March 16, 2009

Training Week 5 (24 Miles)

No Long Underwear!!!!

Hola My Friends!

That's right - Sunday was warm enough to leave the long johns at home - woo hoooo!!!!

My Sunday walks are in the afternoon after church. DH and I did 6 miles yesterday. It was gorgeous out - 59 degrees. As you can tell I was quite excited to NOT being wearing 3 layers and long underwear. My new hydration belt seems to be working well. It holds two bottles and a pocket for keys, etc. I took DH on my 6 mile route that goes through a few neighborhoods. In the first mile is Brimsmead Street. This hill may not look to bad from the bottom, but when walking up it you will find yourself out of breath.

My Saturday walk was 12 miles. There was a Ladies Luncheon at my church, so I made a 6 mile route to the church and walked it home to make my 12 miles. The Luncheon was fun, the food was good, and the company was rowdy .


While walking last weekend I kept looking for signs of spring. Most everything was still snow and ice covered, but I did come across this - motorcycle! A definite sign of warmer weather.

2 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

I would love to come on your route sometime. We've talked about going back to visit your area again for years. Might have to bring it up with Mr. Wonderful.

Dogmama13 said...

I am reading too! Love, Hit Cookie