Friday, July 8, 2011

The Love Magnet Visits New England

My husband, Toure, and I were very lucky to have the FLM as a house guest for a few months last fall. We love New England and wanted to share different sites with her. We think she had fun - especially on the motorcycle trips. I will share five of our outings with her on her Blog. FLM, thank you for being so patient with me. I am sorry it took me so long to put this up for you. I hope you will come and visit us again, you were the PERFECT house guest.
Love, Amy & Toure
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Massachusetts to Maine, September 2010

The FLM was very excited for her first ride on a Harley Davidson Motorcycle. It is September, but the temperatures are warm and we have lots to see and do. Our destination is Pine Point, ME for a lobster roll and some steamers. The Pine Point Lobster Co-Op is one of our favorite places to eat seafood. It is in a small fishing town in Mid Coast Maine just past Old Orchard Beach. FLM is checking out the passenger seat, but I think she will need to ride in the back so she will be safe.



The FLM and I are waiting for Toure. He has a few last minute things to do before we go. FLM is hanging out in my sling. I had shoulder surgery in August and have to wear a sling while it heals. I hide snacks in the little pocket inside the sling and FLM fits in nicely. She is having fun walking around the yard with me.

We made it! We took the back roads through New Hampshire to the coastal roads of Maine. Here was are enjoying the view and breeze on the docks outside of the Co-Op. See the boats in the back? They belong to fishermen. They go out everyday to catch lobsters or fish and then bring their catches back to the Lobster Co-Op to sell.

This is the front where they bring their catches. The restaurant is around the back over looking the water. Its small and very casual and lots of fun.

Ahhhhhhh, now that we are done eating let's sit on a bench and enjoy the view before we head back home. This is the beach that we found some shells on.

The sun is setting and its time to get a move on. We have many miles to go and want to enjoy the ride. The FLM is getting into her seat.


Nice and cozy she waves to the camera as we get ready to head out. See ya lata FLM!


No comments: